Monday, November 1, 2010

LOTD + Review: Halloween look using a VS palette

I didn't have much time to get ready because I had gone to work on this day. I didn't really have an outfit either... so I had an hour to put on make up as well as cough up an outfit that portrayed a pirate. Initially, I had worn a red and white striped top and my sister goes, "What are you supposed to be? Wanda?" I think that's what she said... but I understood what she meant: the Waldo girl. But anyways...

This was the first palette I ever bought that wasn't from the drugstore. It's actually a limited edition palette from Victoria Secret, and I think I bought it about exactly a year ago. On the top of the over it says "Heidi Klam" and I have no clue who that is, but the palette's exterior caught my eye and I argued that it would be beneficial to the girl I was who lacked a decent eyeshadow palette.

I believe it costed $25 and it was worth it. My favorite colors are the shimmery champagne and matte black colors, of which are the only colors I used to achieve this look. Don't you just love what it's able to do? I know I do.







Products used
Foundation: MAC studio mist foundation in medium dark
Lips: MAC l/s in dubonnet
Eyeshadow base: UDPP, MAC paint pot in soft ocre
Eyelashes: Bestkine lashes in Y-15, Maybelline falsies mascara
Eyeliner: Smashbox gel liner in black
Blush: MAC blush in peachykeen

Eyeshadows
VS palette: shimmery champagne for inner corner as well as highlight
VS palette: matte black for outercorner corner

Brows
MAC brow pencil in velvetone
NARS e/s in coconut grove


Price: 5/5 $25 Pricey, but it's wonderful, slim, and sleek exterior makes up for it. Great for an on-the-go make up piece.
Product: 5/5 Great for a basic dramatic smokey eye.
Packaging: 5/5 Love, love, love... :)



Do you girls have any must have make up palettes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...