Sunday, November 21, 2010

Haul: Nov. 21 - nail polish, make up, lip conditioners

Behold, this must be my real first haul :) Most of which were bargained for (details throughout this post). Most products were bought on a whim and all were purchased in a span of 2 weeks. Sometimes I forgot to mention products that I buy on a weekly basis because sometimes I just forget that it even exists, lol. 

On a side note, I've begun to utilize iPhoto just for the sake of importing pictures from my memory card since it automatically puts them into a folder by its date. Then, I transfer by dragging the folders into other folders in my external hard drive because that's really where I archive anything and everything... it's my baby; it's my life! 

Well before I start talking about other things, I hope you enjoy. :) 






Color Club nail polishes
  • Who are you wearing? 
  • High society
  • Best dressed list
  • Charity ball
  • Uptown girl
  • She's sooo glam
  • Ms. socialite

I bought these at Ross for $7.99, that'd be about a dollar plus tax for each so it was very much a steal. Fortunately this was the last one there, unless they restocked on it after I left. One thing that I don't like about these packs (this is my third Color Club pack) but then again it doesn't even matter to me is the fact that the nail polish bottles don't have labels of their color names on them. I'm really not the type to remember each and every name for color, so I don't care for it. It just sucks because I can't refer to the color for fellow bloggers to indulge upon.




This is a color test of the fourth nail polish in that line of Color Club nail polishes. The no-flash picture is more true to its color but I couldn't get a good picture of it due to the dim lighting that I currently have. The consistency is pretty alright and typical: 2-3 coats of nail polish. I needed 3 with this application because with just 2 it turned out orange. After all it's a brown with an orange undertone. I love this color, it's sort of but not really comparable to a nail polish color that came out with MAC's Tartan themed products. 

 

Sinful Colors nail polishes 
($1.99 each at Walgreens)
  • Nail junkie
  • Hottie
  • Pinky glitter
Sally Hansen nail polishes
($5 for both on a bogo sale at Walgreens)
  • Disco ball
  • Purple pizzazz


All that glitters ain't gold...

I've been falling in fancy with things that glitter lately, and news on the block is that they're in this holiday season (when are they never?). All of these colors contain glitter and are perfect for a top color on top a base color for a cool effect because the colors you see are quite sheer and translucent, except for the last one which has more of its own color. I'm not sure when I'll get to give them all a test drive but I can reckon that it won't be in quite a while... lol. 






Korres lip butter glaze
($24 for a 3-pack at Sephora)
  • Jasmine
  • Pomegranate
  • Raspberry
My favorite lip product ever is Korres' lip butter in pomegranate because of it's subtle color when applied on my lips. I purchased the pack at Sephora because it was a holiday special unknowing if they were going to be available for single purchase after that. Having to use my finger or find a lip applicator to use my original lip butter was too much of a hassle for me. I like squeeze tubes better and so I used my logic that told me it was a win-win situation... lol... help me. 

Aquafina lip balms ($5.99 for a 3 pack with a bonus lip oil)
I'm not sure where the other lip balm and lip oil is... lol. I have a habit of losing lip balms which is why I often buy more, and more, and more for assurance that I'll always have one or some. :) 




Next of the mash up is dedicated to my eyes.

Actually most of these prices are an estimation because I can't give you the exact amount because I don't know where my receipts are.

MAC paint pot in bare canvas ($16)
Paula Dorf eyeshadow primer in deep ($12)
The Balm batter up ($22)
Prestige eyeshadow in onyx ($2.50) 

Wet n' Wild eyeshadows
($1 each, originally $1.99 each but I had some coupons)
  • Sugar
  • Lagoon
  • Penny
  • Envy
  • Kitten





Revlon contour shadow brush ($5.99 each but one was 50% off, bogo ftw! from Walgreens) I love these brushes. They're really good drugstore brushes, not too soft and not too stiff, perfect for the crease area and for blending.
Revlon precision lash adhesive ($4.99 at CVS) I love this lash adhesive. I swear that I have the worst luck with squeeze tubes because of my butter fingers that can never give a consistent amount on the whole lash... but this is love... for me at least because of my eyes. Prior to purchasing this, I had got to a cancer fundraiser and my falsies hadn't been applied at its best manner so I was forced to take them off because I forgot to bring the glue with me and in turn forced to look for a better, more reliable adhesive. 
Bobbi Brown lip balm ($18 at Bobbi Brown) This just caught my eye... just another lip balm for my collection. 

2 comments:

  1. I have that sinful color in hottie but I do want the nail junkie too!
    Korres lippie stuff will you have a full review?? They seem interesting for me to purchase.
    The WetNwild shadow look so pretty good deal for $1.
    BTW how do you shoot your photos? Lucky you have good lighting somewhere X(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that Sinful Colors comes out with a wider variety of colors because I have most of the nice ones stashed already.

    Hmmm, I'm not too sure if I'm going to give a full length review, but I might consider it... haha. They're super thick, and feel sort of sticky but I like it. Plus, they're made out of natural ingredients. Your best bet would be just to go to Sephora and check it out :D

    You should most definitely steal some of the wnw deals. What I did is take the coupons that were attached to other wnw products and used it for products I'd actually buy. It works because it didn't say that the coupon was specifically for a product. It was a $1 off coupon... they expire on December 31, 2010!

    If you're wondering about the pictures in this post, I was actually at my work office... hahaha. White fluorescent lightbulbs with diffusers, similar to the ones you at Wal-Mart, or college classrooms. :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...