Friday, May 6, 2011

LOTD: mash up/review of Borghese, Jordana, Coty, Rimmel (LONG POST!)

So for the past many months that I haven't been blogging, my make up collection has been expanding (but that's not new!). Part of my collection is a bunch of Jordana color effects eye shadows as well as a set of Borghese brushes from Costco. They're great make up buys since the eye shadow retails for $1.69 at my local CVS and the ten-piece brush set for $23.99.

I like how the brushes have a label for usage, although most of the time brushes are indeed versatile. 

Included are:
Round foundation brush
Duo-fiber blending brush
Angled eye contour brush
Eye powder fluff brush
Concealer brush
Domed smudge brush
Eyeshadow brush
Angled eye/brow brush
Powder kabuki brush
















    Products used
    Foundation: Rimmel Match Perfection foundation in 420 warm sand set with Coty airspun loose face powder in translucent
    Concealer: Kat Von D concealer in almond
    Lips: Jordana lipstick in mauve
    Eyeshadow base: Too Faced shadow insurance and MAC paint pot in painterly
    *Eyelashes: Falsies from eBay
    Eyeliner: Stila smudge pot in black.
    Blush and contour: MAC blush in blunt

    Eyeshadows - all Jordana
    Mauve my way
    Gunmetal
    Ms. brown
    High maintenance
    Creamy vanilla
    Total blackout
    Pretty peach

    Brows
    Wnw eye brow pencil in charcoal
    Jordana color effects eye shadow in total black out

    *Eyelashes: I personally don't like the eyelashes that I got. They're a boxed set of like a dozen lashes. They're too heavy for my single eyelids, so I wouldn't wear them out. I've used them for many of my past looks but just for the added dramatic look.


    REVIEWS
    Borghese brush set: Overall they're all great brushes. Some shed during the initial uses, but that's expected and it stops. The duo-fiber blending brush is practically a smaller version of E.L.F.'s stippling brush, of which you all should know by now is a highly-raved product although I haven't done a review of it. The eyeshadow brush and eye powder fluff brush were pretty big but still useable for blending. The powder kabuki brush is also HUGE! This is a total must for all you make-up lovers. Think of it as buying ten brushes for the price of one at Sephora, Nordstrom, or MAC! =)

    Jordana color effects eyeshadow: Some are hits and some are misses so you don't necessarily get what you pay for. My favorite is total blackout and creamy vanilla, I guess because those are the colors that I use in almost every palette for personal use. I do believe that having a good eye shadow primer applied to your eye prior to usage is very important! It's VERY, VERY, VERY important, emphasis on very. I love UDPP and Too faced shadow insurance topped off with MAC paint pots. Try it out, you'll love it! And a little goes a long way!

    Coty airspun loose face powder foundation in translucent: Great, great, great powder for setting foundation since it's very finely milled, and cheap! I've got oily and problematic skin, and this doesn't break me out so it's love. <3

    Rimmel match perfection foundation in warm sand: It's a great drugstore foundation. A bit sheer so if you're looking for medium-heavy coverage this isn't for you. This type of foundation is my "everyday" foundation for when I go to work or school, meaning when I don't want to use my expensive foundations or don't have much time to put on make up I'll turn to this. It's hard to find a drugstore foundation that's the least bit closest to my skin color, but this one seems to blend in well even though it may be a tad bit light for me. I like going lighter rather than darker anyway.


    Stay tuned for upcoming posts:
    • Comparison of Borghese duo-fiber blending brush and E.L.F.'s stippling brush
    • Swatches of Jordana color effects eye shadows

    Phew, now that was a mouthful. I hope you all have a great Mother's Day weekend!

    2 comments:

    1. Ahh! I feel like strolling into Costco and look for brush set. I still don't have a legitimate brush set. =( The eyeshadows look so smooth on your lids and blended nicely!

      ReplyDelete
    2. You should definitely cop them! I've been waiting two years for them. D: and thanks hun!

      ReplyDelete

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...