Monday, May 16, 2011

LOTD: smokey eyes using MAC pigment

Working with loose pigments is my least bit favorite thing about make up because it's just such a mess. It also takes practice so don't give up on them because the color pay-off is wonderful. I've tried a bunch of mineral make up such as Bare Minerals and All Natural Face and they're good products but I don't catch myself reaching for them... at all, but if I do it's usually for highlighting underneath my eyebrows.

In these pictures, I'm using my new Canon camera that catches every megapixel of my face really well. How lame, because as you can all see, in existence within the photos are my pores that make me self-conscious! But I'm flawed and I know that, so my self-esteem isn't so low. :)






We had attended a wedding reception for Dustin's aunt... so... honestly, this is the first look in a while where I had a reason to get dolled up. Lol! 

My generic Conair hair curler stopped working, kinda and what a day to not cooperate. It did a decent job though, and of course I got that replaced. :)

Products used
Foundation: MAC studio fix in NC44 set with Coty Airspun loose face powder in translucent
Concealer: Kat Von D concealer in almond
Lips: MAC l/s in spirit, glossed with Too Faced glamour gloss in pillowtalk
Eyeshadow baseMAC paint pot in bare study. I was in a rush and had forgotten to put on UDPP or TFSI! It's alright though because I was in an air-conditioned setting and it was just for a few hours.Eyelashes: Red Cherry lashes... sorry I forgot the number, but they're not as dramatic. EyelinerSmashbox jet set gel linerBlush and contour: MAC blush in harmony, MAC blush in desert rose, and MSF (MAC skin finish) in soft and gentle for face highlight. 

Eyeshadows 
MAC pigment: naked
MAC e/s: carbon
Stila e/s: white eyeshadow to highlight. Sorry but I don't know any of the names for my Stila eyeshadows. 

Brows
MAC paint pot in quite natural 
Jordana color effects eye shadow in total black out

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...