Sunday, October 31, 2010

LOTD + Review: Urban Decay Primer Potion

Ever since I started posting LOTD's, none of them have been an actual look of the day, they were more like a look of the hour. However, this is a make up look that I wear out often... a simple brown smokey eye. 

I wanted to give an initial, yet legitimate review on Urban Decay's primer potion. Also, I recently bought some Missha eyelashes which I totally love and I'm in dire need to get more... and I shall. 

These were at 3:00 p.m.











Now these pictures were at 1:00 a.m. A good 10 hours and there was no creasing whatsoever. The color melted a little, but that was expected, it's still quite vibrant anyways. Btw, I accidentally scratched my eye which is why my eyelash was falling out, but that was towards the ending of the night when it didn't matter.






I've removed my falsies here, and you can see how short my eyelashes are as well as how chinky my eyes are. 





Products used
Foundation: MAC studio fix in NC44
Powder: MAC select/sheer powder in NC40 h
Lips: MAC l/s in spirit
Eyeshadow base: UDPP, MAC paint pot in soft ocre
Eyelashes: Missha 115-A, Loreal carbon black voluminous
Eyeliner: Jordana fabuliner in black
Blush: MAC blush in peachykeen

Eyeshadows
MAC e/s: all that glitters
MAC e/s: mulch
MAC e/s: mystery

Brows
MAC eyebrow pencil in velvetone
NARS e/s in coconut grove

(For the record, I've pretty much listed all of the brushes that I use in my previous lotds... if you've got questions feel free to ask/comment me on anything)


My face is oily. I did no blotting or touching up on powder to my skin. I have quite ugly skin... I wasn't blessed with good skin and a few years ago my skin was absolutely horrible. Maybe I'll post up a blog on some before and after pictures about my experience with acne. That's the reason why I don't hesitate as much to post close up pictures of my face. It's because I know my skin could have been worse at this point, because it has.

Overall, I really love this primer. It's no mystery of why it's so popular and with such great reviews. I've joined the primer potion cult and give this a 5/5, for the 3 p's.

Price: 5/5 $23 ($29 + 20% off)
Product: 5/5 This product does what it's made for... must I really say more?
Packaging: I got the professional sized tube so I had no problems with it. I love it!

Have you got any secrets to keep oily skin at bay?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...