Thursday, October 28, 2010

LOTD + Review: L.A. Colors - 10 color palette in Mineral Spa

Perhaps L.A. Colors falls under more of the hit or miss category when it comes to make up. Their nail polishes are decent for their price of $1.99. I bought this L.A. Colors palette for $1.99 and I guess you get what you pay for. I probably wouldn't have been able to apply a decent eyeshadow look without my lovely and reliable MAC brushes and a good base. There wasn't much pigmentation so I really had to pack the color onto my eyelids with the use of 4-5 applications. However, the highlight (I used two highlight colors) was pretty good which only took one application. 

Overall, I would not buy this product again or unless I get to sample the colors at a store or unless I read/hear rave reviews about an L.A. Colors product. :(








Products used
Eyeshadow base: UDPP and MAC paint pot in soft ocre
Eyelashes: Loreal voluminous in black
Eyeliner: Maybelline gel liner in black

Eyeshadows
L.A. Colors: (1 + 2) copper orange and dark gold for inner corner applied with Smashbox e/s brush
L.A. Colors: (3) dark brown for outer corner applied with MAC 219 and blended out with MAC 217
L.A. Colors:  (4 + 5) beige and light gold for highlight applied with E.L.F. blending brush

Brows
WNW eyebrow pencil in black
Avon eyebrow powder in black

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...