Sunday, October 24, 2010

Review: Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover

I was on the verge of giving myself a new nail do when I wanted to show you how my nails are doing after a week. The top coat that I use does wonders. It's seche vite and it's the best top coat that I've tried so far. There's hardly no chipping, though keep in mind that I've probably done dishes at least once this whole week. I don't like handling kitchenware to be honest. Besides the fact that my nails are growing and all the nail polish marks are due to giving others' paint jobs, and see that ugly area on my thumb? That's due to testing nail polish colors at stores and wiping it off with my bare hands, unsanitary I know but it was the only way for me to test the colors and see the consistency without doing much damage to my nails. I didn't end up buying nail polishes though... lol. Anyways, besides all of that, my cuticles are screaming for moisture!

I didn't know, as much as I'm such a nail art enthusiast, that you shouldn't cut your cuticles. I loved cutting my cuticles for some reason, it just feels good??? Haha. The fine print is: don't cut your cuticles, do use cuticle remover and push them away. Also, keep them moisturized with cuticle oil or cuticle cream, of which I'm going to get my hands on soon.

Feast yourselves on some horrible nails. :( 





Anyways, after doing research I wanted to get rid of my cuticles "the right way" with a cuticle remover and the use of an orange stick. If you don't know what any of them are, you obviously aren't being good to your cuticles! (Unless of course you don't have a need for such maintenance.) I went to CVS to buy it, since they were out at Walgreens then gave myself a manicure. I put some of this product: Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover on top each of my cuticles and let it stay for 20-30 seconds then pushed them away with an orange stick. Then I washed my hands with soap and water and these were the results:

(Please excuse my untrimmed and unfiled nails.)








Much better right? :) By the way, this product has great reviews, which is how I even discovered it. It's most definitely a must-have for everyone who gives themselves a manicure every now and then.

I'm about to give my boyfriend a manicure, that's for sure. ^___^

By the way, with blogspot's new post interface, does anyone know how to set default picture settings so that my pictures can appear while I edit this post as "x-large." I get tired of having to click on each picture and having to resize them one by one. Thanks in advance.

1 comment:

  1. What a coincidence I recently purchased seche vite top coat too and I absolutely love it! The only main concerns I have is the smell. The horrid strong smell. Ohh I know for cuticles, I use organic extra virgin olive oil. Works wonders! I also use it for makeup remover. I love how natural it is and gentle it is. I got tired of using the liquid makeup removers it started to hurt my eyes so switched and never looked back. Try it out! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...